A Quantum Leap In Variable Speed Drive.
With its innovative vertical design, Atlas Copco’s GAVSD7-75 range of compressors has proved to be a “game changer” in terms of compressed air. It offers Variable Speed Drive (VSD) as standard, a compact motor and footprint thanks to its in-house design and iPM (Permanent Magnet) technology. Instead of the normal space-taking horizontal design, the new GA 7-37 VSD+ has an upright, vertical, low footprint layout. This saves valuable floor and work space, eases maintenance access, accelerates manufacturing time, and reduces the total cost of ownership for all customers.
The GAVSD+ range was launched in 2013 and was initially offered in unit sizes up to 37kW. The range has now been expanded with a series of new models up to 75kW, providing our customers with a greater range of options.
Reduce energy consumption by up to 50%
On average, VSD compressors reduce energy consumption by up to 50% by automatically adjusting the motor speed to match the demand for air, eliminating idling time. Combined with the innovative design of the iPM (Permanent Magnet) motor, this results in average energy savings of 50% and an average cut of 37% in the lifecycle cost of a compressor. VSD+ works with permanent, in-house designed magnet motors.
Precision Pneumatics would be more than happy to conduct an Energy Audit of your system to establish if you would benefit from the GAVSD+ range.
Why choose an Atlas Copco Variable Speed Drive compressor?
- On average 50% energy savings with an extensive flow range (20-100%).
- Integrated Elektronikon® Graphic controller controls the motor speed and high efficiency frequency inverter.
- No wasted idling times or blow-off losses during operation.
- Compressor can start/stop under full system pressure without the need to unload with special VSD+ motor.
- Eliminates peak current penalty during start-up.
- Minimizes system leakage due to a lower system pressure.
- EMC Compliance to directives (2004/108/EG).
To find out more about the benefits of Variable Speed Drive technology, contact us today, or download the brochure from the link below.