A Precision Pneumatics customer identified a potential health and safety issue, whereby operators had to bend down under tanks holding chemicals to manually open and shut a valve. This operation had to be completed several times a day. The valve is shown below:
We attended site and offered a solution of having these valves pneumatically controlled via a control box, removing the need for the operator to be struggling underneath the tanks.
The project consisted of supplying, installing and testing –
- 3 off Stainless steel control cabinet complete to operate two 2 inch ball valves per tank
- 6 off 2 inch stainless steel ball valves with PTFE seals
- 6 off stainless steel rotary actuators for 2 inch ball valves
- All actuators to have visual open/closed indicator
- Pneumatic pipework to be Pu tubing 8mm and enclosed.
- Control box to be fully labelled for operators ease.
This new valve is pictured at the top of the page. It is now operating extremely successfully, ensuring the safety of members of staff working in this area of the site and improving operational efficiency. The picture on the right shows the control box for the new system.
If you are looking to increase efficiency, eliminate risk or perhaps save energy, we are here to help. With over 25 years of success in providing pneumatic solutions and compressed air equipment, Precision Pneumatics can help you get the most out of your production. To find out more about what we can do for your business, contact us today by calling 0151 546 6689, sending us an email, or call into our Trade Counter.